This week, we are providing you with a super easy alternative to shop bought cereal bars! Even better, they are vegan and include our delicious new Almond Butter, made with 100% nuts and no added sugar, salt or oil. These are yummy and very quick to make!
For the Bars
1tsp coconut oil – for greasing
350g cups very ripe banana, mashed
50g cup coconut sugar
75g rolled, old-fashioned oatmeal
130g Zeina Almond butter
75g oat flour
25g Cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
25g cacao nibs, divided
2 tbsp almond butter
• Preheat your oven to 180°C and grease an 8×8-inch pan with coconut oil.
• In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together the mashed banana, and coconut sugar.
• Add in all of the remaining ingredients, except the cocoa nibs, and stir until a thick batter forms. Then, stir in the cacao nibs, reserving the rest for later.
• Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the remaining cacao nibs.
• Bake until lightly golden, and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake them.
• Let them cool completely in the pan.
• Once cooled, cut into squares.
• Place the almond butter into a piping bag (we used a plastic sandwich bag), and pipe over the breakfast bars.
• Keep in an airtight container and store in a cool, dry place. They will keep for 1 week!
We hope you enjoyed our recipe for these Vegan Chocolate Breakfast Bars! Show us your yummy creations on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ZeinaFoods for a chance to be featured! And don’t forget to like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more blog posts, recipes and other fun content!