Derived from Southern Italy, Calabria, this is a gluten free delicious nutty dessert that’s perfect to serve for parties, made with only 3 ingredients, it is the simplest recipe yet so decadent. Torta di Noci has been around for generations made with love by Italian Nonnas and now for you to try!
- 3 cups Zeina Walnut halves
- 4 medium eggs, separated
- 1 cup caster sugar
- sprinkle of lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190°c and line a 20cm/8in tin with baking paper.
- Finely process the walnuts in a food processor.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites for 3-4 minutes until they form white stiff peaks.
- Separately, mix the egg yolks and sugar until pale and creamy then add in the walnuts and a sprinkle of lemon juice.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter until fully incorporated.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 50 minutes.
- Lightly garnish with a dust of icing sugar or cream cheese frosting.
recipe also available on our TikTok for more visual reference!