As a proudly peanut and sesame free company, we though it was only right to create a delicious hummus recipe that is free from sesame and peanut! we have used pistachio butter to replace the tahini that is typically used, but you could also substitute for almond or cashew butter for a different taste. Cashew butter will give you a creamy texture and the closest taste to traditional hummus, but we think pistachio hummus tastes even better than regular hummus!
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 1 tbsp bicarbonate of soda
- juice from 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- 75g Zeina Pistachio Butter
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3 ice cubes
- Pinch of cumin & smoked paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Blend together the lemon juice and garlic and leave to sit, this will make the garlic taste slightly more mellow and less overpowering
2. Drain the cans of chickpeas and boil with the bicarbonate of soda for 20 minutes, then rinse under cold water to cool down and remove the skins
3. Add the chickpeas to the blender along with the olive oil, pistachio butter and ice cubes (these will make the hummus extra creamy and smooth) and blend until it reaches your desired consistency, then add the cumin and paprika and blend until incorporated
4. place in a bowl and leave to chill in the fridge for around an hour, then drizzle with olive oil and enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed our recipe for sesame and peanut free hummus, show us your yummy creations on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram by tagging us or using the hashtag #ZeinaFoods for a chance to be featured! And don’t forget to like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more blog posts, recipes and other fun content!