It’s chocolate heaven in a pie! With a crunchy textured layered created with Zeina whole pecans, this indulging treat will have your eyes watering. Try the recipe and share with loved ones!
YOU WILL NEED:
for the base:
- 100g melted butter
- oreo biscuits 2x packets 150g (scrape out the white)
- 100g butter
- 150g chopped chocolate (10g for extra shavings to top the pie)
- 2 medium eggs
- 140g dark soft brown sugar
- 25g plain flour
- 500g Devons Ready made custard
- 50g chocolate (dark or milk)
- 1tsp vanilla
- 2 gelatine sheets
- 125g finely chopped pecans
- 300ml double cream
- 50g caster sugar
- extra chocolate shavings
- Whizz the biscuits in a food processor then add in the butter and mix.
- In a 20cm Pie tin, pat the biscuit base down onto the tin until 1.5cm thick and pat onto the edges too.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until firm at 160c fan
- For the brownie layer, place the butter and chocolate in the microwave for short bursts of 20 seconds until fully melted.
- Whisk the eggs until double in size, pale and fluffy, fold in the sugar and chocolate mixture and sieve in the flour. Ensure ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Poor into the biscuit base and return to oven for 15-20 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Start on the custard mixture by putting the custard, chocolate, pecans and vanilla into the pot and stir over medium heat.
- Soak gelatine In 150ml cold water, once softened, squeeze any excess and stir into the custard mixture until dissolved.
- Once cooled, pour over brownie layer.
- Set the pie in the fridge overnight.
- 30 minutes before serving, take the pie out from the fridge and whip the cream and sugar together. Once formed soft peaks, spoon over the pie and sprinkle the chocolate shavings.
For Visual Reference, watch our TikTok video!
-side note: we altered this recipe from BBCGoodfood