These airy and moist lemon chia muffins will have you coming for thirds! The perfect and easy recipe for breakfast or dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Followed the trend of buying chia seeds and now stuck on what to make with them? We have you covered! Try these flavorful muffins with that perfect lemon kick to it. Not only can this recipe be amended to be dairy free and vegan but it tastes delightful too!
We also have plenty more ways of sprucing up your meals with our Zeina love our food Chia Seeds. For retail customers, Our Organic Chia seeds are available on our Amazon Online Store, just click on THE SHOP on the top bar.
makes 12 – 10 min to prep – 20 min cooking time
- 4 tbsp Zeina Chia Seeds
- 2 cups plain flour (can adjust to almond or coconut flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter block ( can replace with 75ml of coconut oil)
- 2 large eggs ( can be replaced with chia seed eggs – 2 tbsp chia seeds+ 6 tbsp water)
- 1 cup vanilla yoghurt (can be replaced with 75ml non dairy milk)
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 170°c then separately prepare a muffin tray with muffin cases.
2. In one bowl, mix the flour, soda, baking powder, salt and chia seeds.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Also ensure the butter is softened. Add the eggs, one at a time. Then mix in the lemons, zest, yoghurt and vanilla and mix until stirred in.
4. After, gently combine the flour mixture into the bowl. Do not overmix the batter.
5. Spoon the batter into the muffin cases until 2/3 of the cases are full.
6. Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Whilst the muffins cool, prepare the glaze by mixing both the icing sugar and lemon juice.
8. Drizzle the glaze over the muffins and Enjoy!
Recipe also available on our TikTok: