Welcome to Day 1 of #NationalVegetarianWeek! We’ve created a delicious vegetarian or vegan recipe for every single day this week using our delicious nutty products! We hope you stay tuned and love the recipes that we’ve prepared.
To start the week off, we’ve come up with a recipe for tasty Almond Butter falafels. They are easy to make, and taste amazing! We’ve used our brand new Almond Butter as a base, check it out on our website!
- 130g Dried Chickpeas, soaked in water overnight
- 2 Crushed Garlic Cloves
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley or Coriander
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Zeina Almond Butter
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- Salt and Black pepper
- ⅓ cup Ground Zeina Almonds
- Glass bowl
- Food Processor
- Baking Tray
- Baking Paper
- Sharp Knife
- Preheat your oven to 190C and line your baking tray with baking (greaseproof) paper.
- Put the soaked chickpeas into a food processor and process until you get a smooth/puree consistency. Add your Zeina Almond Butter, ground Zeina almonds, ground turmeric, garlic, cumin, lemon juice and chopped parsley.
- Combine well, then season with salt and pepper. If the mixture is too thick add splash of water or milk.
- Using clean and damp hands, shape the chickpea mixture into small balls before placing the balls onto the baking sheet, pop these into the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes. Flip over once at the halfway point to avoid burning and even cooking.
- Enjoy with salad, pitta bread and a little Tzatziki!
We hope you enjoyed our recipe for these delicious Almond Butter Falafels! Show us your yummy creations on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ZeinaFoods for a chance to be featured! And don’t forget to like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more blog posts, recipes and other fun content!