This Banana, Fig & Cranberry Cake is so moist and delicious that it melts in the mouth. The added dried fruit provides some extra sweetness and texture. It is surprisingly simple and is a fun one to make with the young bakers. The bananas are easier to mash when they are ripe so this is a really good way to use up those over ripe bananas left in your fruit bowl.
Heavenly enjoyed on its own or with your afternoon tea.
3 Small Bananas
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
125g Unsalted Butter
150g Golden Caster Sugar
300g Self-Raising Flour
125g Zeina Dried Figs, chopped
75g Zeina Dried Cranberries
2 tbsp Zeina Sunflower Seeds
Large Mixing Bowl
- Place the bananas in the small bowl with the lemon juice and mash thoroughly with a fork.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the banana, self-raising flour and eggs to the butter and sugar and beat together until fully combined.
- Add in the cranberries and chopped figs and stir through.
- Grease your loaf tin and line with greaseproof paper. Spoon in the mixture and smooth out flat. Sprinkle over the sunflower seeds.
- Bake at 180oC for 1 hour or until a tester comes out clean.
- Take the Banana, Fig & Cranberry Cake out from the tin and leave to cool before slicing.
- Enjoy your cake! Very important step.