For this recipe, we’ve put a plant based spin on typical nachos by adding walnut chorizo! this walnut chorizo has the perfect smoky and slightly spicy flavour and can be added to all sorts of dishes in place of regular chorizo for a healthier, plant based alternative. our favourite way to use it is on nachos, but adding it into pasta sauces is a close second!
- 200g Zeina walnuts
- 1 tsp ground chipotle pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 pack of your favourite tortilla chips
- 100g plant based cheese
1. Add all of the ingredients except the tortilla chips and cheese into a food processor
2. Blend until the mixture reaches a thick consistency that still has some texture, if you prefer it slightly thinner you can add water or olive oil
3. Place your tortilla chips onto an oven tray and spoon out spoonfulls of the walnut chorizo mixture onto this
4. Sprinkle the plant based cheese on top
5. Bake at 200’c for 10-15 minutes until the cheese has melted and serve with your favourite nacho toppings! we used our creamy chipotle and pecan dip
We hope you enjoyed our recipe for walnut chorizo nachos, show us your yummy creations on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram by tagging us or using the hashtag #ZeinaFoods for a chance to be featured! And don’t forget to like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more blog posts, recipes and other fun content!