Welcome to Day 4 of #NationalVegetarianWeek! We’ve created a delicious vegetarian or vegan recipe for every single day this week, we hope you stay tuned and love the recipes that we’ve prepared!
Don’t know what to have for dinner tonight? We’ve got you covered!
Try this oriental cashew veggie stir fry with the whole family, it’s fairly quick to make once all of the veggies have been prepped. We used our crunchy raw Cashew Nuts in this, check them out on Amazon!
Ingredients: 4 Servings
- 50ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 100g Zeina Cashew Nuts
- 300g Button Mushrooms
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- 4 Spring Onions
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 300g Tenderstem Broccoli
- 500g Savoy cabbage, shredded
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Small bowl
- Glass bowl
- Wok/large frying pan
- Chopping knife
- Chopping board
- Wooden spoon
- Prepare your vegetables. Chop the peppers, slice the mushrooms, shred the cabbage, chop the spring onions and remove the ends of the broccoli stems.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp vegetable stock with the cornflour.
- In your pan, heat ½ tbsp olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add your Zeina Cashew Nuts, cook and stir until the nuts are beginning to char (1-2 minutes). Transfer to a glass bowl.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and ¼ tsp salt, cook these until they are golden brown (around 5 minutes). Transfer to the cashew bowl. Stir the chopped spring onions and a drizzle of oil into the mushroom/cashew mixture.
- Heat the remaining 1.5 tbsp olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add the garlic, cook for around 30 seconds, and then add the broccoli, red and yellow pepper. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the chopped Savoy cabbage and cook until wilted (around 2 minutes).
- Stir in the remaining vegetable stock, salt, oyster and soy sauce. Add the cornstarch mixture that you made at the beginning, and bring to the boil. Cook until the sauce coats the vegetables (around 1 minute).
- Serve on a plate, topped with the mushroom/cashew mixture. Feel free to add some noodles to the base of the plate if desired!
We hope you enjoyed our recipe for this delicious Cashew Nut Veggie Stir Fry! Show us your yummy creations on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ZeinaFoods for a chance to be featured! And don’t forget to like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more blog posts, recipes and other fun content!