July is national ice cream month, celebrate with us by making this delicious and easy vegan pistachio ice cream. You don’t even need an ice cream machine for this one, so there’s no reason to miss out on the fun of ice cream just because you’re vegan! and even if you aren’t vegan, this recipe tastes so great you might as well give it a try, what have you got to lose?
Feeling adventurous? Make your own almond milk for the recipe using our recipe!
Vegan Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe
70ml honey (substitute for agave nectar to make the recipe vegan)
150ml almond milk
2 cans chilled coconut milk
1 tbsp vanilla (optional)
Freezer safe tub
- Blend the pistachios in a food blender/processor until they form a paste.
2. Add the honey, vanilla and almond milk and blend again.
3. Take the cream from the top of the coconut milk cans and whisk until it resembles the consistency of whipped cream.
4. Carefully fold the whipped cream into the pistachio and milk mix.
5. Place in the freezer to set for at least 5 hours.
sprinkle with chopped pistachio kernels and enjoy!
top tip: you can adapt this recipe and make all kinds of delicious flavours of vegan ice-cream by adding in different ingredients! why not try making a strawberry flavoured ice cream?
we hope you enjoy our recipe for easy and delicious vegan ice cream! Let us know if you make them using our facebook, twitter or instagram either via a message or by using the hashtag #ZeinaFoods for a chance to be featured!