If we told you that dates are the secret to getting perfectly gooey, sweet brownies every time, you wouldn’t believe me would you?!
I saw a recipe similar to this one on Instagram, and didn’t believe that dates, nut butter and cocoa powder could make anything similar to a brownie! Let alone something even gooier and more indulgent tasting, while being packed full of micro nutrients and energy. Plus it’s also accidentally vegan and gluten free, so everyone can enjoy it! You need to trust us on this recipe, it might even change your life…
- 350g Zeina pitted Deglet Nour dates
- 50g cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 500ml warm water
- 130g Zeina almond butter
- 75g Zeina walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180’c
2. Place the dates in the warm water and leave to soak for 1 hour
3. Drain most of the water off the dates and add them to the blender, blend until completely smooth. Push through a sieve if your blender is not powerful enough to make the skin completely smooth.
4. Add the vanilla extract, vegetable oil and nut butter to the blender and blend until smooth
5. Add the cocoa powder to the blender and blend until it has thoroughly been mixed in
6. add the walnuts into the blender and pulse until they are in small pieces thoroughly mixed in to the batter
7. line a baking tray with grease proof paper and add the brownie mix, place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the edges look slightly dry
8. take the brownies out of the oven and enjoy hot or cold!
We hope you enjoyed our recipe for these super gooey, super chocolatey, slightly healthy chocolate brownies, show us your yummy creations on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ZeinaFoods for a chance to be featured! And don’t forget to like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more blog posts, recipes and other fun content!