A Nutty Twist on Home cooked Italian pasta that will make you want to eat pasta everyday! Super easy to make and a wonderfully filling meal.
Handful fresh basil
125g Ricotta cheese
200g raw peeled Zeina pistachio kennels
half a lemon and the zest of one lemon
100g parmesan cheese
How to Make:
- Soak the pistachios in boiling hot water then strain and wipe the excess liquid.
- In a food processor, blend the pistachio kennels with lemon zest, basil, parmesan, olive oil and a dash of water.
- Add the ricotta and season with salt and pepper and whiz until it turns into a paste.
- Separately, boil the gnocchi pasta until cooked and keep the pasta water when straining.
- In a large pan, add the pistachio paste and add 2tbsp of pasta water.
- Simmer at a medium low heat until the paste becomes a sauce then incorporate the pasta.
- Season with mixed herbs and enjoy!
recipe also available on our TikTok for more visual reference!