Another quick and easy recipe for you to follow! We have baked these delicious cupcakes for Red Nose Day, for all of our staff to enjoy. They’re perfectly baked with delicious barberry buttercream icing to top them. The combination of sour and sweet is very tasty, and was thoroughly enjoyed! Make sure you donate at https://donation.comicrelief.com/
For the Cupcakes:
- 90g unsalted butter
- 165g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 200g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsps cocoa powder
- 120ml semi skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- a little red gel paste colouring
For the Icing:
- 240g Butter
- 280g Icing Sugar
- 1tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- 50g Barberries
- Mixing bowl
- Electric whisk
- Silicone Spatula
- 12 Cupcake Cases
- Tsp/Tbsp Measurements
- Weighing Scales
- Line a cupcake tin with 12 cupcake cases. Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Whisk the butter until it is light and pale in colour.
- Add the sugar and whisk until it is smooth, light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and whisk until well combined.
- Add the Flour, Cocoa Powder, Bicarbonate of Soda, Milk and Lemon Juice and whisk until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Using red food colour paste colour the cake batter red.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the cake cases (around 50-60g per case), and bake at 180C for 15-18 minutes, or until the tops begin to split.
- While the cakes are baking and cooling, clean your baking area, and then start making the icing.
- Whisk the butter in a bowl, then slowly add the icing sugar so that it doesn’t blow everywhere. When the icing starts to get a little thick, add the milk, continue adding icing sugar.
- Mix in the barberries.
- Ice your cakes once they’ve cooled, and serve while still a little warm!
We hope you enjoyed our recipe for these tasty Red Velvet Cupcakes! Show us your yummy creations on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ZeinaFoods for a chance to be featured! And don’t forget to like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more blog posts, recipes and other fun content!