We all love a homemade protein bar to kickstart the morning, as a post-gym snack or even as an afternoon treat. One of our amazing followers on Instagram has shared his recipe with us, and we’re super excited to share it with you!
Let us know if you recreate this tasty snack by tagging us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook with @zeinafoods and #zeinafoods. We would love to see more nutty creations!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups protein powder (blueberry in this case, but feel free to use whichever is your favourite flavour!
- 1 cup black coffee (maybe more if needed)
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 cups Zeina Pistachio Butter
- 200g dark chocolate
- A small handful of cacao nibs
- Wooden spoon
- 8x8in square tin
- Glass bowl
- Sharp knife
- Mix the coffee, honey and pistachio butter in a pan over a low heat until a paste is formed.
- Add the dry ingredients (protein powder and oats), and mix until these are well-combined. More coffee may be required if the mixture is too dry and crumbly.
- Place the mixture into a lined square tin (8×8) and press down to evenly spread the mixture so that the whole pan is covered.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water and pour evenly over the oat mixture.
- Before the chocolate has set, sprinkle some cacao nibs over the top for a little extra crunch.
- Leave to chill in the fridge until it is set (around 2 hours), then chop into 8 individual bite size bars.
We hope you enjoyed our recipe for these delicious Pistachio & Oat Protein Bars! Show us your yummy creations on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ZeinaFoods for a chance to be featured! And don’t forget to like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more blog posts, recipes and other fun content!