wondering what to make with your leftover egg whites? we thought the same after making our chocolate tart recipe, so we devised a delicious pistachio meringue recipe to use them up!
- 2 egg whites
- 60g caster sugar
- 60g icing sugar
- 25g chopped Zeina Pistachios
1. preheat the oven to 100’c and make sure your egg whites are at room temperature
2. whisk the egg whites using an electric whisk until it makes stiff peaks when the whisk is lifted
3. add the caster sugar one spoon at a time while continuing to whisk the mixture with the electric whisk until it becomes thick and glossy (at this stage you can also add food colouring if you like! we used pink and green)
4. slowly add the icing sugar to the mixture while folding to combine
5. line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and spoon out the mixture into 8 meringues on the tray
6. sprinkle the meringues with chopped pistachios
7. place the meringues in the oven to bake for 1 hour – 1 hour 30 minutes
We hope you enjoyed our recipe for meringues, show us your yummy creations on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ZeinaFoods for a chance to be featured! And don’t forget to like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more blog posts, recipes and other fun content!