Ahh, biscuits! perfect for an afternoon snack, with your cup of tea before bed, and they even find a way to sneak into your lunch box!
This week on the Great British Bake Off it’s biscuit week, so why not have your own bake off party and make these delicious pistachio and cranberry biscuits that even Paul Hollywood would be proud of. This step by step recipe will turn you into star baker material in no time!
Pistachio and Cranberry Biscuits Recipe
Ingredients (makes 18)
175g unsalted butter, softened
85g golden caster sugar
1 orange, zested plus 1tbsp of juice
1 tsp ground nutmeg
225g plain flour
75g dried cranberries
Caster sugar, for sprinkling on top
Large mixing bowl
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together using a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the flour, nutmeg, and orange zest and juice. Then add the pistachios and dried cranberries and mix together to form a dough.
- Shape the dough into a log measuring approximately 5cm in diameter, and wrap in cling film.
- Chill for 1 hour if planning to bake the same day, or save in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Slice the log into 1cm-thick rounds and place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Lightly sprinkle some caster sugar over the biscuits ready for baking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Once baked, remove from the oven and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
we hope you enjoy our recipe for easy and delicious pistachio and cranberry biscuits! Let us know if you make them using our facebook, twitter or instagram either via a message or by using the hashtag #ZeinaFoods for a chance to be featured!