Three days post the most beautiful Christmas dinner, and I bet you’re sick of turkey and sprouts now too? Now if you’re like me, you probably STILL have lots of turkey left over from Christmas, but worry not, we’re here to save you from food boredom with this delicious turkey flatbread with our pistachio pesto, char-grilled red pepper, spinach and everyone’s favourite: cheese, to make the ultimate post festivities sandwich.
- 4 flatbreads
- 2 cups leftover turkey or chicken
- 4 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 sliced peppers
- 1 pack of spinach
- A squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- To make the pistachio pesto, follow our super easy recipe here!
- Grill the peppers until they are lightly black in some places
- To assemble sandwiches, open the flatbread, and layer starting with the pistachio pesto, cheese, turkey, pepper and spinach
- squeeze some lemon juice on top for a zesty kick
and that’s all there is to it! Super quick, super easy and super tasty. let us know your favourite nutty recipes for beating leftover boredom on our social medias, and Merry Christmas!
We hope you enjoyed our recipe for this delicious turkey & pistachio pesto flatbread! Show us your yummy creations on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ZeinaFoods for a chance to be featured! And don’t forget to like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more blog posts, recipes and other fun content!