These scary Halloween Witch Finger Biscuits are perfect for adding a touch of fun to any Halloween party. They look gruesome and taste great… what more could you want for a Halloween treat?!
This recipe makes 16 Halloween witch finger biscuits and here is how to make them:
50g Zeina Almonds
225g Butter, Softened
115g, Icing Sugar
1 tsp Almond Extract
1tsp Vanilla Extract
350g Plain Flour
¾ tsp Salt
50g Strawberry Jam
- First you will need to blanch the almonds to remove the skin. To do this, bring a small saucepan of water to boil. Add the almonds and boil for exactly one minute.
- Drain the almonds immediately using the colander and rinse with cold water. You will notice that the skins have gone a bit wrinkly.
- Pour out on to the paper towels and blot dry.
- Gently squeeze the almonds and the almonds will loosen from the skin. Place to the side ready to decorate with later on.
- Next, in a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, almond extract and vanilla extract and mix together.
- Add the flour and salt and mix until fully combined.
- The dough then needs covering with cling film and placing in the fridge for roughly 40 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and start to form your witches fingers! Divide the ball into 16 balls. Roll each ball out into a finger shape, they need to be roughly 10 cm long and 2 cm wide. Place onto your baking tray covered with greaseproof paper. Form the knuckles by squeezing in the sides and then create creases using a knife.
- At one end press your finger in slightly to make a small hole, put in a small dollop of strawberry jam and stick on a blanched almond for the fingernail.
- Put your fingers on a baking tray covered with greaseproof paper and bake at 165C for 20 minutes or until slightly golden.
We would love to see how yours turn out. Please send us your pictures via our Facebook and Twitter Pages.