got the winter blues?
this recipe for pistachio pesto pasta is comfort food like no other! it’s warm, hearty and tastes amazing, and also thanks to the pistachios, tomato, garlic and mint, it hosts an abundance of vitamins and minerals to help you fight off those winter colds and illnesses! And an added bonus is that it’s so quick and easy to prepare!
- 1 1/2 cups raw pistachio kernels
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 cloves garlic
- a handful of fresh mint leaves
- a handful of Parmesan, freshly grated (plus more for sprinkling)
- a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- a pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Blender or food processor
- Roast the pistachios in the oven at 160°c for 15 minutes.
- Place some pasta into a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes (we like farfalle best!).
- Pulse the pistachios, chopped tomato, garlic cloves, fresh mint leaves, grated Parmesan, red pepper flakes and freshly ground black pepper in a food processor until a coarse purée forms.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons of olive oil to form a thick, chunky sauce.
- Season with salt and more pepper to taste.
- Toss 1 cup of the pesto with a portion of your freshly cooked pasta, adding 2 tablespoons of the water used to cook the pasta to form a glossy sauce.
- Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with some more grated Parmesan.
- Chill remaining pesto to spread on sandwiches or top other dishes with, the possibilities are endless!
We hope you enjoyed our delicious and easy recipe for pistachio pesto pasta! Show us your yummy pistachio creations on our facebook, twitter or instagram using the hashtag #ZeinaFoods for a chance to be featured! And don’t forget to like and follow us on facebook, twitter and instagram for more recipes and other fun content!