day 2 of national vegetarian week means it’s time for another great vegetarian recipe from Zeina!
Today we’ve made a delicious seeded loaf, that’s perfect for making a vegetarian sandwich with! We’ve used Zeina Sunflower & Pumpkin seeds to give the bread a special flavour and texture, and hand kneaded the dough to make it even fluffier.
- mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
- cling film
- baking tray
- cooling rack
- 400g strong white flour
- 80g of mixed seeds (we used pumpkin and sunflower)
- 7g sachet of yeast
- 9g sea salt
- 250ml warm water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- Mix the flour, yeast, salt and seeds together with a wooden spoon, and then make a well in the centre
- add the oil, warm water and honey and mix until a dough is formed. Knead the dough by hand for around 10 minutes
- Shape the dough into a ball and place in a bowl. cover with cling film and leave in a warm place to prove for about an hour
- knead the dough again for 1 minute, then shape into a ball and place on a baking tray, leave to prove for another hour
- bake the loaf at 180 c for roughly 30 minutes
- let the loaf cool for a few minutes, then place on a wire rack
We hope you enjoyed our delicious and easy recipe for seedy bread! Show us your yummy baking creations on our facebook, twitter or instagram using the hashtag #ZeinaFoods for a chance to be featured! And don’t forget to like and follow us on facebook, twitter and instagram for more recipes and other fun content!