it’s national vegetarian week!
To celebrate, we’re creating a different vegetarian recipe every single day! first up, and a great idea for dreary weekdays, is our chocolate nut butter overnight oats. These oats are a great source of protein and also have high amounts of fibre to keep you feeling fuller for longer, and best of all, they can be prepped the night before meaning that you can have a well deserved extra 15 minutes in bed!
Chocolate Nut Butter Overnight Oats
- 4 mason jars or bowls
- mixing bowl
- 200g rolled oats
- 100g chia seeds
- 80g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 450g plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons nut butter
- 450ml almond milk
- 40g chocolate chips
- Nuts to garnish
- in a bowl, mix the rolled oats, cocoa powder, chia seeds and salt
- divide the mix into 4 and place in the mason jars
- add the plain yogurt and milk equally between the 4 jars and shake the jars to mix thoroughly
- stir in the the chocolate chips and top with a spoonful of nut butter and a handful of chopped mixed nuts for extra protein and fibre!
- place the jars in the fridge to set, and leave them overnight
We hope you enjoyed our delicious and easy recipe for overnight oats, Show us your yummy baking creations on our facebook, twitter or instagram using the hashtag #ZeinaFoods for a chance to be featured! And don’t forget to like and follow us on facebook, twitter and instagram for more recipes and other fun content!