What could be more autumnal than a delicious dip featuring smoky chipotle peppers and pecans… we’ll wait! This dip is super quick to make, and is great with nachos, but (and here’s the best part) it can also be used in place of traditional pesto to add amazing flavour and creaminess to dishes like pasta and even eggs!
- 175g Zeina pecan pieces
- 2 tinned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3 tbsp sauce from the tinned peppers
- 30ml olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 5 sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 15ml lemon juice
- 15 ml maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- water to reach your desired thickness
1. Add all of the ingredients except the water to a food processor or blender and blend until it reaches an almost smooth consistency but still has some texture
2. Pour in water a small amount at a time until your dip reaches the desired consistency
We used this dip on our recipe for walnut chorizo nachos and it added a delicious smoky and creamy flavour, why not try it! it also goes perfectly as a dip with crunchy vegetables for a healthy snack
We hope you enjoyed our recipe for chipotle pecan dip, show us your yummy creations on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram by tagging us or using the hashtag #ZeinaFoods for a chance to be featured! And don’t forget to like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more blog posts, recipes and other fun content!