day 4 of national vegetarian week means we’ve got another delicious recipe for you! today we’re making cashew and cauliflower fritters, perfect for quick and easy week night dinners! these fritters contain both eggs and nuts, making them a great source of vegetarian protein! these fritters would make great vegetarian burgers, or could even be enjoyed with a simple salad or dip.
- food processor/blender
- baking sheet
- greaseproof paper
- 75g Raw Cashews
- 300g Cauliflower florets
- 2 large eggs
- 15g fresh parsley (straight from our technical assistant’s garden!)
- 50g diced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp all purpose seasoning
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp capers
- roast the cashews in the oven for 10 minutes at 130°c
- leave the cashews to cool for 20 minutes, then add the cauliflower, parsley, pepper and cashews to a food processor and blend
- whisk the eggs together and add to the food processor along with the cornflour, capers, salt and all purpose seasoning, blend until the desired consistency.
- measure out 2 tbsp of the mixture and shape into a ball, then place on a baking tray and press with a spatula to make a burger shape, continue until all of the mixture has been used
- bake at 200°c for 10 minutes, then flip the fritters over and bake for another 5 minutes
We hope you enjoyed our delicious and easy recipe for cashew & cauliflower fritters! Show us your yummy creations on our facebook, twitter or instagram using the hashtag #ZeinaFoods for a chance to be featured! And don’t forget to like and follow us on facebook, twitter and instagram for more recipes and other fun content!
Don’t forget to like our social media pages to keep up with all of our daily recipes for national vegetarian week!
nutrition information per fritter!