This week on our blog, we have a recipe for a sticky almond butter based BBQ sauce. Perfect for the sunny weather and a weekend BBQ!
We love marinading our ribs in this sauce for a couple of hours before barbecuing for the perfect summer treat!
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/3 cup Zeina Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp thai red curry paste
- 1/2-1tbsp Chinese 5 spice
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- Mixing bowl
- Electric Whisk
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, tomato ketchup, Zeina Almond Butter, sweet chilli sauce, rice vinegar and curry paste.
- Once these are mixed together, add the Chinese 5 spice, lime juice and coriander.
- If the sauce isn’t quite combining, warm in a saucepan for 2-3 minutes to melt the ingredients together. Add a little water if the sauce is too thick.
- Use as a dipping sauce or as a marinade for your favourite BBQ dish!
We hope you enjoyed our recipe for this delicious Almond Butter BBQ Sauce! Show us your yummy creations on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ZeinaFoods for a chance to be featured! And don’t forget to like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more blog posts, recipes and other fun content!