we were inspired by @etihadairways Instagram to create this delicious Batheetha, which is a traditional Emirati dessert made of dates, nuts, and saffron. Perfectly sweet with a rich texture, Batheetha is sure to bring a sweet ending to every family dinner, and these are also perfect for an on the go snack full of energy, good fats and protein!
- 2 1/2 cups Zeina raw almonds
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Zeina Deglet Nour dates
- 1g Zeina saffron
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 100g Zeina pistachio kernels
- grind the raw almonds in a food processor, then add to a pan and toast until golden
- melt the butter and mix it into the toasted almonds
- pulse the dates in a food processor until they are in small pieces, then add this to the almond flour and butter mixture
- add the saffron and cardamom and mix
- leave the mixture to cool for 20 minutes
- blend the pistachios in the food processor until they form a flour
- roll the mixture into balls and coat in the pistachio powder
We hope you enjoyed our recipe for delicious traditional Batheetha, show us your yummy creations on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ZeinaFoods for a chance to be featured! And don’t forget to like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more blog posts, recipes and other fun content!