We’re back with a twist on a classic PB&J!
Zeina is a completely peanut free site so we are using almond butter, which gives a slightly sweeter and nuttier flavour than peanut butter. The jam is a delicious simple blueberry compote which is super fruity and sweet, and we’ve also added chia seeds to that for extra fibre! due to the high protein and fibre content in chia seeds, this pudding is a great breakfast idea as it will keep you fuller for longer (and who doesn’t love PB&J for breakfast!)
- 200g blueberries (fresh of frozen will work)
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 100g +3 tbsp Zeina organic chia seeds
- 4 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 20g maple syrup
- 400ml plant based milk – we used almond
- Add the blueberries and orange juice to a pan and bring to a boil, then simmer for 4-5 minutes and stir in the 3tbsp of chia seeds
2. Pour the mixture into 4 smaller bowls or jars and place in the fridge to set
3. Place the almond butter, vanilla, maple syrup and plant milk in a blender and blend until smooth
4. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the chia seeds, then place into the fridge to set for 30 minutes
5. transfer the mixture into the 4 bowls on top of the blueberry compote and leave to chill for at least another hour, top with almond butter and blueberries to serve
We hope you enjoyed our recipe for almond butter & jam chia pudding, show us your yummy creations on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram by tagging us or using the hashtag #ZeinaFoods for a chance to be featured! And don’t forget to like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more blog posts, recipes and other fun content!